[mapguide-users] King Oracle Provider not available on Ubuntu installation

avdschyff avdschyff at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 09:43:06 EDT 2010

I'm still new to MapGuide and unfortunately I'm stumped on this issue. I
installed Mapguide on Ubuntu 9.10 i386 using the instructions on
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/CompilingMapGuide22/LinuxBuildProcess.
After the installation I managed to get the server going and installed
Maestro. When trying to create a DataConnection I see no King Oracle
provider listed.

I have installed the Oracle instant client and exported the directory on my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH before starting the server. I've also checked
/usr/local/fdo-3.5.0/lib and see the provider there
(libKingOracleProvider.so). I've also checked serverconfig.ini, and FdoPath
is /usr/local/fdo-3.5.0/lib.

Our existing data is in an Oracle DB so I think I will need this, any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks
Andre