[mapguide-users] Broken Measure Tool

Steve G steve.golden at morganhill.ca.gov
Thu Aug 26 15:07:30 EDT 2010

I am using MGOS 2.1 with IIS and using the AJAX viewer.  On my test server
(running XP) the standard measure tool is working fine.  However, on my
production server (running Windows Server 2003) the measure tool is broken.
I click on the icon and cannot select the tool.  Nothing changes in the
taskpane.

Some tweaks that I made that may have impacted the tool? (rename "Tasks" to
"Tools"):

-In taskbar.templ Changed lines 65 and 208 to      __#TOOLS#__
-in localized/en changed line 195 to:       TOOLS                   = Tools

I did this tweak on my test server and it is running ok, so I don't think
this is the problem.  However, I can't seem to find if the code in the
measure tool files reference these to make appropriate changes.  I've also
copied the measureui.templ file from my test server to production, but that
didn't help.  Restarted mapguide service, no change.  All other standard
tools seem to be working fine.  Any suggestions?