[mapguide-users] Database Comparisons/Reviews/Recommendations

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 04:49:31 EDT 2010

I love oracle, but keep in mind, there's a lot of spatial
functionality which you can't legally use unless you
buy the enterprise version.... $$$$$.. epic fail

Postgis has all the advanced spatial stuff for free, plus
they have been working on improving stuff...

sdo_union has been drastically improved in postgis,
it out performs oracle by a factor close to oracle's license
cost in $ for large operations