[mapguide-users] Out of memory issues. Help please??

JamesDudden jamesdudden at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Feb 11 04:39:29 EST 2010

Hi,
I have been getting a lot of 'Out of memory' errors that have been causing
Mapguide to crash as below:

StackTrace:
  - MgMappingUtil.StylizeLayers line 786 file
d:\build\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_30.11\mgdev\server\src\services\mapping\MappingUtil.cpp
Failed to stylize layer: Boundaries
An unclassified exception occurred.
<2010-02-10T12:03:41> 		127.0.0.1	Administrator
 Error: Failed to stylize layer: All OS
        Out of memory.
        bad allocation

I am using MG 2.0.2 and have been told that a lot of 'memory leaks' have
been fixed in 2.1 but upgrading seems like a massive task.

What exactly are these 'memory leaks'?
Will upgrading the server hardware i.e. better processor and more memory
help at all or is it a wasted purchase?
Are there any tweaks I can make to improve the situation or is upgrading my
only option?

Any help or advice is welcome

Regards
JD