[mapguide-users] Sessions on server side

Pietro Ianniello pietro.ianniello at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 11:24:29 EST 2010

My point is not to use session, so I don't want to use
ASP.NET<http://asp.net/>sessions.

If I want to track sessions, your idea can be good, I would probably
implement something similiar fo non Anonymous users... But in this case
insead of pinging to keep session alive, I would just tell users to save
data because of session expiration. It's WEB. Sessions Expire. Users must
know it... well, this just my opinion! ...and pinging can lead to various
security risks.

The problem is with anonymous users, that is for Web Site with maps served
transparently to users by MapGuide.

             "On an infinitely fast machine, MapGuide can serve an infinite
number of users."
..ok! I knew it! I must test!!! This was just to request if someone had made
some tests and to share his/her experience....

   "You cannot reference a class directly without referencing the dll (eg
MgException).
    You can use a more generic try/catch to read the description without
knowing the type:
    try
    {
       //Bad code here
    }
    catch (Execption ex)
    {
       //Also catches MgExceptions and the like
       Console.Writeline(ex.Message);
    }"

What do you menan? I reference "MapGuideDotNetApi.dll". My problem is with
"cross AppDomain calls". Refer to "
http://winterdom.com/2007/01/makeexceptionclassesserializable" for an
explanation.

"Btw., your attachment did not make it."
What does it means? You was not able to download my attach?

Anyway, thanks for your answer.

Regards pietro ianniello