[mapguide-users] SQL Server 2008 views and fdo again

carc ca at forteconsulting.ca
Fri Jan 8 11:47:42 EST 2010

We are using:

Mapguide 2.1
FDO 3.4.0.56
Windows 2008
SQL Server 2008
IIS 7

We are experiencing problems with using views for displaying spatial data
and having the features be selectable. I have seen various posts related to
this problem:

http://n2.nabble.com/SQL-2008-View-with-JOINS-Not-able-to-select-features-on-the-layer-td2356197.html#a2397992).

And the closed tickets that seem to have resolved this in FDO 3.4.0:

http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/ticket/469

http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/ticket/470

What I have found is that if the views are based off a single table (i.e. no
joins) with a clustered primary key on the view it works fine. If the view
contains a join table (even if the view still contains a clustered primary
key) it does not work.

I have seem mention of using the configuration document to specify the
identity column for the sql server fdo provider but it is not clear to me
how we would specify this in mapguide or what the schema for the
configuration file would be.

Interestingly, the views all display and are selectable in FDO Toolbox using
the same FDO version. This makes me assume it is doable but I must be
missing something.

Any help would be appreciated.

CA