[mapguide-users] Installation error

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Tue Jan 12 21:49:17 EST 2010

I didn't realize they weren't allowed either; seems like an odd
limitation of the installer framework, but I think IIS identifies
sites by combination of host+port, so in some way it makes sense. This
adds a bit of difficulty to our intention of allowing users to choose
a site, as we'll have to somehow grab the other parameters from
existing sites too.

One way of getting around this would be to export the default site and
restore as a new site, but this would require a bunch of work...

As far as a manual install...  When you run the installer, you choose
IIS, Apache, or manual. Choose manual and proceed with the rest of the
install as desired (disable any components you're sure you don't
want). This should allow the installation to succeed, but without IIS
being configured.

On the main mapguide site under documentation for a previous release
there is a doc for configuring mapguide under IIS, but its a bit
dated. Basically right, but the mapguide isapi dll needs to be used
instead of fastcgi and an exception added for it. Sorry I don't have
time atm to document this better :(

Jason