[mapguide-users] Copying resources from MapGuide Enterprise to MapGuide OS

sc80 sc1980GIS at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 13 05:48:30 EST 2010

Hi all,

We have been using the trial version of MapGuide Enterprise 2010 however we
are now looking to use MapGuide OS v2.1 and would like to utilise the
resources we created with Enterprise. From reading about resources I thought
it would just be a case of copying the contents of the library folder
(Repositories\Library) for Enterprise to the equivalent location in the OS
version. When i did this however (having re-created the appropriate aliases
for the data connections) although the data connections work and i am able
to preview the features in Maestro (v1.0.9.15910) the layer resources seem
to have been corrupted as when i try to open them in Maestro I get an error:

Unable to open the resource
Library://FolderName/Layers/SubFolder/layername.LayerDefinition
Error Message: There is an error in xml document (2,117)

I've looked into the MgLibraryResourceContents.dbxml but I can't see
anything obviously wrong (although i am very new to mapguide and have little
development knowledge). Would this even be the xml document to which it's
referring? and is the (2,117) referring to a row and character position in
this document?

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what is causing this or how I might be
able to try to resolve this?

I've googled the error, but it was to no avail and the MapGuide Studio 2010
Getting started guide is of little help.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Sam