[mapguide-users] Copying resources from MapGuide Enterprise to MapGuide OS

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Wed Jan 13 10:28:22 EST 2010

Before opening a resource, Maestro copies into a temp resource.
That explains the weird path displayed in the error message.

If you restart MapGuide while being connected with Maestro, you
get a new session, and thus the resources are missing.

I have no idea why it would happen more than once though.

As expected, your LayerDefinition is in version 1.3.0,
which explains the previously posted error.

Happy to hear that it works!

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S

On 13-01-2010 14:54, sc80 wrote:
> [...]
>    </PropertyMapping>
> -<PropertyMapping>
>    <Name>NATION</Name>
>    <Value>NATION</Value>
>    </PropertyMapping>
> -<PropertyMapping>
>    <Name>LENGTH</Name>
>    <Value>LENGTH</Value>
>    </PropertyMapping>
> -<PropertyMapping>
>    <Name>NAME</Name>
>    <Value>NAME</Value>
>    </PropertyMapping>
> -<PropertyMapping>
>    <Name>CNTRYNAME</Name>
>    <Value>CNTRYNAME</Value>
>    </PropertyMapping>
> -<PropertyMapping>
>    <Name>TONNAGE</Name>
>    <Value>TONNAGE</Value>
>    </PropertyMapping>
>    <Geometry>Geometry</Geometry>
> -<VectorScaleRange>
> -<LineTypeStyle>
> -<LineRule>
>    <LegendLabel />
> -<LineSymbolization2D>
>    <LineStyle>Rail</LineStyle>
>    <Thickness>0.0</Thickness>
>    <Color>ff000000</Color>
>    <Unit>Centimeters</Unit>
>    <SizeContext>DeviceUnits</SizeContext>
>    </LineSymbolization2D>
>    </LineRule>
>    </LineTypeStyle>
>    </VectorScaleRange>
>    </VectorLayerDefinition>
>    </LayerDefinition>
>

> Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S wrote:
>
>> The data files in the "Repositories/Library" folder is a dbxml database,
>> and not intended for
>> reading or writing by anything but MapGuide (eg. don't modify it with a
>> text editor).
>>
>> The document it refers to the layer, which is an xml document (stored in
>> the dbxml).
>> The numbers are indeed (linenumber, columnnumber), but in the
>> LayerDefinition xml document.
>>
>> I think the problem is caused by using an older version of Maestro which
>> does not recognize
>> LayerDefinition version 1.3.0 (which Studio creates).
>>
>> If you use Maestro 2.0 beta 1, it should open the resource just fine.
>>
>> If not, you can get the actual resource xml by visiting the html test
>> form:
>> http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/index.html
>>
>> Use the GetResourceContent operation to get the xml, and respond with a
>> mail linking to the xml, and I will see if I can find obvious errors.
>>
>> Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S
>>
>> On 13-01-2010 11:48, sc80 wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We have been using the trial version of MapGuide Enterprise 2010 however
>>> we
>>> are now looking to use MapGuide OS v2.1 and would like to utilise the
>>> resources we created with Enterprise. From reading about resources I
>>> thought
>>> it would just be a case of copying the contents of the library folder
>>> (Repositories\Library) for Enterprise to the equivalent location in the
>>> version. When i did this however (having re-created the appropriate
>>> aliases
>>> for the data connections) although the data connections work and i am