[mapguide-users] MapGuideApiPINVOKE

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Fri Jan 29 03:10:52 EST 2010

Hi all,

I'm working with MGOS2.1. When trying to get a connection through the
MaestroAPI I get a TypeInitializationException with this message:

The type initializer for 'OSGeo.MapGuide.MapGuideApiPINVOKE' threw an
exception

It happens at this line:

_nativeConn = new LocalNativeConnection(iniPath, userName, password, "en");

This code works for me on my development platform: "Windows 7 Ultimate"
(64Bit) , Dual Core Processor, 4GB RAM
It also works for me on a "Windows Server 2008 Standard" (32Bit), Dual Core
Processor, 2GB RAM.

The machine where I get this error is a "Windows Server 2008 Enterprise"
(32Bit), QuadCore Processor, 16GB RAM.  Unfortanatly it's our customers
server.
So what can cause this problem? Is it the hardware configuration?

Thanks, Gunter