[mapguide-users] MGOS 2.1 crashes with MrSID plugin on Windows 2008

Homan, Thomas thoman at co.gila.az.us
Mon Jul 12 10:09:33 EDT 2010

Not sure if this has relevance or not but I just finished up an issue
with MGE 2011 and SID imagery with Autodesk that sounds similar.

It seems that the latest generation of mrSid dlls do not support
composite mosaics. Applications hang with composite mosaics but work
fine once flattened. I've observed this behavior in the following
packages: MGE 2011 (2010 worked fine), Autocad MAP3d 2011 as well as
Lizardtech's free Geoviewer application.

Regards,

Tom