[mapguide-users] MgFeatureReader.Close() doesnt close postgis connections

doggybs james.slater at keynetix.com
Tue Jul 13 12:59:59 EDT 2010

Hi All

I am using the following code in the Mapguide API to return a
MgFeatureReader to my postgis data source.

featureService.SelectFeatures(featureSourceId, classId.QualifiedClassName,
queryOptions);

I am using Mapguide2011 with FDO 3.5

When this command is executed I can see from postgis that a new connection
is opened. Running the following query in postgres show me the open
connections :

select * from pg_stat_activity;

Once i have finished. I call MgFeatureReader.Close(), but the connection to
postgis do not reduce?

Is this possible something to do with Connection  Pooling? or is there a
problem with my code, or Close function.

Many Thanks
James