[mapguide-users] Join with Oracle DB

sekko970 fabio.franceschini at techneteam.it
Mon Jul 26 11:49:22 EDT 2010

I have two data connections: the first is a connection to a SHP file, and the
second is an ODBC connection to an Oracle DB.

I extended my SHP with a table on Oracle DB using a database join, and I
created a layer that uses the join as feature source.

It seems all ok but when I try to use the joined properties (for example to
build the layer style), it causes the following error:

Error: An unclassified exception occurred.
 StackTrace:
  - MgFeatureServiceHandler.ProcessOperation line 83 file
d:\build\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_30.11\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\FeatureServiceHandler.cpp
  - MgOpSelectFeatures.Execute line 109 file
d:\build\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_30.11\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\OpSelectFeatures.cpp
  - MgServiceOperation.EndExecution line 533 file
d:\build\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_30.11\mgdev\server\src\common\base\ServiceOperation.cpp
  - MgServerGwsFeatureReader.Serialize line 1061 file
d:\build\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_30.11\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\ServerGwsFeatureReader.cpp
  - MgServerGwsGetFeatures.GetFeatures line 115 file
d:\build\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_30.11\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\ServerGwsGetFeatures.cpp
  - MgServerGwsGetFeatures.GetMgClassDefinition line 277 file
d:\build\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_30.11\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\ServerGwsGetFeatures.cpp
An unclassified exception occurred.

The same thing but using SQLServer instead of Oracle works fine.
I'm using MGOS 2.0.2 and Oracle 9.2.