[mapguide-users] How to add SQLite provider to MGE 2010

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Fri Jul 30 23:21:21 EDT 2010

Hi Gary,

I have no idea whether this works with your version of MGE2010 (for all I
know it may have a breaking API change between it and the MGOS release) but
the basic procedure is to place the SQLiteProvider.dll file in the same
directory as the rest of the FDO providers (and providers.xml file) and then
edit the providers.xml file to add the following snippet:

  <FeatureProvider>
    <Name>OSGeo.SQLite.3.4</Name>
    <DisplayName>OSGeo FDO Provider for SQLite (spatial)</DisplayName>
    <Description>FDO Access to SQLite Data Sources</Description>
    <IsManaged>False</IsManaged>
    <Version>3.4.0.0</Version>
    <FeatureDataObjectsVersion>3.4.0.0</FeatureDataObjectsVersion>
    <LibraryPath>.\SQLiteProvider.dll</LibraryPath>
  </FeatureProvider>

Maestro _should_ pick it up, as the provider list comes from server side.

The 3.4 provider is less capable than the 3.5 version in terms of some
operations (there was a huge capabilities push in 3.5 as ADSK adopted its
use internally) but it's good enough for displaying data in most cases.
 There is also a problem with 3.4 reading SQLite files created with 3.5,
which can be fixed by manually modifying values in the geometry_columns
table:  http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/ticket/672

Jason