[mapguide-users] RE: How to render MgMultiGeometry

djonio DJonio at miami-airport.com
Wed Jun 2 07:25:55 EDT 2010

Gunter,

In my case it appears to be an issue with S-L King 8.15. My MG byte reader
returns empty, fdo2fdo returns a _bad_ geometry error and the FDO Toolkit
returns a _null_ value. All seem to point to FDO.
After I read Julien’s post I got real serious and stepped through my code.
My SDF provider never gets a chance so I cannot now speak to that provider.
In fact my earlier comment about the KingOra provider being somewhat
successful with an insert was in error. I do the insert via ODP.NET and then
rely on KingOra to materialize the MG geometry which I then wish to use to
insert into SDF. Kinky stuff but there is method to the madness.
Yes, I would characterize your issue as a bug as opposed to an _undocumented
feature_. After all, if you can’t see it what is the point in mapping it?
As time permits I will do as Zak suggested and file an incident for my
KingOra issue. Hopefully you will have resolved the MG rendering issue by
the time that is resolved.
r,
dennis