[mapguide-users] RE: Change image format from png to jpg mapguide2010

mighty_duck msiljegovic at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 02:37:27 EDT 2010

Hi Andy,

thx for reply....I tried with png8 and it improve performance in case when
I'm not using base layers. As I noticed, also you wrote in reply, those
changes didnt have any influence on base layers. I used firebug and every
tiles takes about 200KB in case of base layers, which is pretty much for a
significant number of tiles(10 - 20). Also I noticed that when I pan on the
map, it is obvious that it is remembering(caching) some tiles but after some
time viewer is again loading tiles that already had been loaded(seems lose
them).

My questions are: do you know if it is somehow possible to improve
performances of base layers? Does those parameters below in server.config
file have any usage for base layers performance, does this parameter
TileColumnsPerFolder determine number of tiles in cache folder on the server
and maybe 30  in this case is restricting total number of files causingthat
lost already loaded tiles(just thinking)?

TileColumnsPerFolder = 30
TileRowsPerFolder = 30
DefaultTileSizeX = 300
DefaultTileSizeY = 300

And does anybody try , not related to MapGuide, to somehow remember one time
loaded files( some browser capability) on the client side and then on
requests first look into 'client cache' or something similar?

Thx for any suggestions!