[mapguide-users] Problems/Questions with the ArcSDE 3.5 Provider

Bruce Dechant bruce.dechant at autodesk.com
Fri Jun 18 16:16:50 EDT 2010

Bill,

This is normal behavior. The MapGuide server caches the FDO connection so that it can be reused later - this is for performance reasons.

All of the changes mentioned below are done inside the serverconfig.ini file.
If you need to drop these cached connections sooner you can do the following:

[FeatureServiceProperties]
DataConnectionTimeout = 3600

The above value 3600 would be 1 hour (the value is entered in seconds). The default is one day.

Or if you can live with a performance slowdown you could tell the server to NEVER cache a particular provider connection (ArcSDE in this case).
To that you would do the following:

[FeatureServiceProperties]
DataConnectionPoolExcludedProviders= OSGeo.ArcSDE

Be warned that this will have an impact on performance.

Thanks,
Bruce