[mapguide-users] RE: Problems/Questions with the ArcSDE 3.5 Provider

BTenBroeck billtenbroeck at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 07:02:43 EDT 2010

Bruce,

Thanks much for the info. That gives me a good place to start trying some
trade-off testing.

Do you have any thoughts on the Direct Connect part of my post? I have seen
a lot of discussion about using that method, but if my experience is any
indicator, I'm at a loss as to what the benefit would be. Perhaps this would
be best served in a separate thread though.

Thanks again,

Bill

Bill,

This is normal behavior. The MapGuide server caches the FDO connection so
that it can be reused later - this is for performance reasons.

All of the changes mentioned below are done inside the serverconfig.ini
file.
If you need to drop these cached connections sooner you can do the
following:

[FeatureServiceProperties]
DataConnectionTimeout = 3600

The above value 3600 would be 1 hour (the value is entered in seconds). The
default is one day.

Or if you can live with a performance slowdown you could tell the server to
NEVER cache a particular provider connection (ArcSDE in this case).
To that you would do the following:

[FeatureServiceProperties]
DataConnectionPoolExcludedProviders= OSGeo.ArcSDE

Be warned that this will have an impact on performance.

Thanks,
Bruce