[mapguide-users] Re: Unable to hide layers

Pietro Ianniello pietro.ianniello at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 08:51:35 EST 2010

With OpenLayers and MG OS >= 2.1, with GETDYNAMICOVERLAYIMAGE, setting *
useOverlay*=true in map options, and *useAsyncOverlay*=true in map params,
showLayers/hideLayers is the same as GETMAPIMAGE.

The thing I always forget is where to set useOverlay and where
useAsyncOverlay.
If using overlay, in params must be set BEHAVIOR = 2 [I use 3 or 7]
otherwise ovelay don't work [this was hard to find!]:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc38

For MG OS <=2.0.2 you cannot use useAsyncOverlay, ovelays are synchronous,
and, in my advise, should not be used [the request is blocking].

Regards,
   Pietro Ianniello