[mapguide-users] mapguide installation problems - libxerces-c.so

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Sun Mar 14 14:27:50 EDT 2010

Hi Salih,

I apologize for the delay.  I had to run a full linux build again to see this warning message.  Basically, libxerces-c.so.25 is coming from Fdo and libxerces-c.so.27 is included in the MapGuide Oem tree as part of BerkeleyDB.  Some of the XML parsing utilities used by the Drawing Service also use libxerces-c.so.27 so that is why you see the warning there.

This linker message is a warning and not an error.  GCC should still be generating binaries for you.  Ideally, Fdo and MapGuide should be using the same version of xerces.  As far I know, we have been using different versions of xerces in this manner for at least two releases.  You should be able to ignore the warning.

Regards,
Trevor