[mapguide-users] Required "Recreation of Data Sources"

Darren Cope darrencope at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 11:34:56 EDT 2010

Hi all,

A question which hopefully has a solution:

I have a data connection to SQL Spatial, pointed at a view in the database.
Every time I change the view (even as simple as a change to a WHERE clause,
not adding or removing fields) I have to recreate the data connection
(delete and recreate from scratch) for MapGuide to recognize the data again.

Why is this?  Is there any way around this problem?  It is annoying when I
have ~50 data connections to change after making a slight modification.  If
the recreate is required, is there any way to automate the drop and
recreate?

Cheers,

Darren Cope