[mapguide-users] [Custom SymbolDefinition]avoid Point symbol used for line

David Hequet david.hequet at free.fr
Wed May 5 12:16:10 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to use SymbolDefinition in two ways:

- Custom symbols for points
- Custom line style for line.

I'm using an Oracle datasource, the feature class contains Point and Line
data.

My custom line style works fine, My custom point style works fine.. when
there is no line data in the table.

The problem is that the symbol is shown on each vertice of the line.

I can go throw the disapointment with a little trick: adding a filter to the
composite rules (IE: Length2D (GEOMETRY) = 0 ) wich help. it's not very
clean..

Here is a symboldefinition:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<CompoundSymbolDefinition
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="SymbolDefinition-1.1.0.xsd" version="1.1.0">
  <Name>GasWithStartEndSymbols</Name>
  <SimpleSymbol>
    <SimpleSymbolDefinition>
      <Name>Outline</Name>
      <Graphics>
        <Path>
          <Geometry>M 0.0,0.0 L 3.0,2.0 L 3.0,-2.0 Z</Geometry>
          <LineColor>FF000000</LineColor>
          <LineWeight>0</LineWeight>
        </Path>
      </Graphics>
      <PointUsage>
        <Angle>0</Angle>
      </PointUsage>
      <ParameterDefinition />
    </SimpleSymbolDefinition>
    <RenderingPass>0</RenderingPass>
  </SimpleSymbol>
</CompoundSymbolDefinition>

Do you have an idea? Did i miss a parameter?

Thank you,
David