[mapguide-users] RE: Out of memory exception when generating tiles from large raster imagery

Julien Leture julien.leture at gmail.com
Fri May 7 04:35:26 EDT 2010

Julien Leture wrote:

> Anyway, I am continuing to investigate about ECW. I will try to merge some
> files to have fewer but heavier files.

Just an update about my problem.

Good news, the ECW files and the Autodesk Raster provider was not involved!

Even if the server hangs when generated tiles (because of an out memory
exception, and it's always the first exception inside the logs files), the
memory leak was not caused by the tiles generation but by invalids data
retreived from an SQL Server 2008 database.

I am well aware about the invalid geometry inside SQL Server 2008 but
sometime you can not control GIS data supplied by customers. The MakeValid
operation provided by SQL Server 2008 does not always produce a
"comprehensive" geometry (for example a POLYGON can be transformed into a
GEOMETRYCOLLECTION with LINE and POLYGON).

Anyway, now I am continuing to investigate in a completly different
direction.

-----
Julien Leture
.net developper