[mapguide-users] Re: OSGeo.MapGuide.MgNullPropertyValueException

Mamoon mamoonurrasheed at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 02:02:10 EST 2010

Hi Jackie,

I am really thankfull for solution about MgNullPropertyValueException. I
have some other problems if you can help me i will be really thank full to
you.

1) MapGuide builtin selection tool just selecting features on parcels layer
that is in side the SheboyganAsp layout not selecting feature on any other
layer in side the SheboyganAsp layout or my own layers.My requirement is if
i load any layout with any layer(Point type, Line Type, Polygon Type), it
should select the features any show their properties with value. Can you
tell me the reason and how can i correct it?

2) I am trying to build my own selection tool. Now its selecting features
and i also get properties and values of the selected features. Can you help
me how can i set these properties in propertycontrol like MapGuide builtin
functionality? My code is as follow:

while (FeatureReader.ReadNext())
            {
                for (int j = 0; j <= FeatureReader.GetPropertyCount() - 1;
j++)
                {
                    Object PropertyValue = GetPropertyValue(FeatureReader,
FeatureReader.GetPropertyName(j));
                    Response.Write(FeatureReader.GetPropertyName(j) + "=" +
PropertyValue + ",");
                }
            }

As you can see in code that:
GetPropertyValue() is my custome function.
I can get property name from "FeatureReader.GetPropertyName(j)"
I am getting property value in object type variable that is "PropertyValue"

Thanks in advance.

Mamoon