[mapguide-users] Re: MaestroAPI: GetRuntimeMap takes a long time to return the RuntimeMap

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Fri Nov 19 11:04:55 EST 2010

Are you using the http or local implementation of ServerConnectionI?
Shouldn't be much difference since the method implementation is the same for
both.

I'm using the local implementation of ServerConnectionI.

> Did you get the 1 second result by profiling the call to GetRuntimeMap()
> (measure the time before and after the call, and get the difference)?

Yes, that's exactly what I did:

     Trace.Write("Begin GetRuntimeMap");
     RuntimeMap runMap = Connection.GetRuntimeMap(mapId);
     Trace.Write("End GetRuntimeMap");

Result from trace.axd:

     Begin GetRuntimeMap  0,00898821254956948 0,000693
     End GetRuntimeMap  1,04468472478314      1,035697

> Perhaps only call GetRuntimeMap() once, and do whatever operations on that
> map. Because GetRuntimeMap() would be returning the same map no matter how
> many times you call it until you actually save the changes back.
>
> Even then the map you pass to SaveRuntimeMap() would be the same as any
> subsequent map you get from future invocations of GetRuntimeMap()

OK, that's a good idea. It makes sense, but I'm still wondering what causes
this behavior?

Is there a chance for me to debug the MaestroAPI in my application (I'm
using VS 2010). Can I step into the code without having Maestro code
dowloaded? I've tried it several time in the last few weeks to download
souirce code but had no luck with it via VisualSVN Plugin or TortoiseSVN.

Gunter