[mapguide-users] Re: Again: strong naming of MapGuideDotNetApi.dll

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Thu Oct 14 16:29:02 EDT 2010

Hi Jackie,

thank you for your great post and the time you spent on this issue.

Unfortunately after signing the dll's I couldn't get my application to run.
I first thought something was wrong with the procedure you found but now I
suppose it has to do something with the RC1 itself.

So I'm askin my questions on this issue in another post:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Problem-connecting-initialize-WebTier-in-MGOS-2-2-RC1-td5636582.html#a5636582
Problem connecting initialize WebTier in MGOS 2.2 RC1 .

By the way, as I tested the bindingRedirect scenario with VisualStudio
2010/.NET 4 I got a message that the redirect to a lower version isn't
supported:

Error: Assembly 'OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI, Version=2.1.4.5245,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f526c48929fda856' uses 'MapGuideDotNetApi,
Version=2.0.0.2308, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f526c48929fda856' which
has a higher version than referenced assembly 'MapGuideDotNetApi,
Version=1.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f526c48929fda856'
c:\Program Files (x86)\OSGeo\MapGuideMaestro\OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI.dll

I've also tried this with VisualStudio 2008 /.NET3.5. In this version the
bindingRedirect works.
Anyone who can confirm this. Why do the dll's haven't a version of 2.2.x.x
at all? Is there a way to give the dll a higher version while signing it
with a strong name?

Any thoughts on this?

Gunter