[mapguide-users] Re: Again: strong naming of MapGuideDotNetApi.dll

Birgir bgu at geograf.dk
Mon Oct 18 06:51:34 EDT 2010

I did this 3-4 times until I was able to add the references to my project and
compile it with out errors.
It looks like Ive been able to sign the dll´s.

Im having problem with executing MgInitializeWebTier.

Type t = Type.GetType("OSGeo.MapGuide.MgColor,MapGuideDotNetApi"); //this
fails.
System.Reflection.Assembly asm = t.Assembly;
t = asm.GetType("MapGuideApi");
if (t == null)
	t = asm.GetType("OSGeo.MapGuide.MapGuideApi");
System.Reflection.MethodInfo m = t.GetMethod("MgInitializeWebTier");
if (m != null)
	m.Invoke(null, new object[] { WebconfiginiPath });

The first line of the code gives my
Error: Could not load file or assembly 'OSGeo.MapGuide.PlatformBase,
Version=2.2.0.5305, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one
of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not
match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Notice the publickeytoken is wrong, but like Gunther I am pretty sure that I
have followed the howto as close as possible. So I dont understand why I am
searching for PlatformBase.dll with the wrong publickeyToken.