[mapguide-users] User authentication and logout on basic layout

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Mon Oct 18 20:32:49 EDT 2010

By default, MapGuide uses standard http authentication, and there is
no technical way to log out of this kind of session once logged in;
the browsers don't support it. What was suggested was for you to write
a wrapper around the authentication, where you test the user
credentials and establish the MapGuide session yourself, bypassing
browser-based authentication. Unfortunately, the only way of doing
this is with custom code.