[mapguide-users] Maestro 3.0 test build #1

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Thu Oct 21 07:07:59 EDT 2010

Wow, very pretty so far, and I really like the list of new features that
you've chosen to implement.  Some real productivity enhancers in there.

The drag-and-drop feature source creation idea is amazing and will save a
LOT of time when putting together test cases.

Can you think of a way of allowing drag-and-drop to Copy in addition to the
current Move?  I'd love to have something like Windows' right-click drag,
but that may be too complex...

The "New Item" dialog is interesting, but requires three more clicks and a
lot more thought than the current fly-out menu.  A couple things may
streamline this experience a bit: allowing double-click to act as "Add", and
defaulting to the category that the user selected last.  A bit more
radically, perhaps instead of categories you could allow the user to select
a target site version (maybe even when connecting to a site), which would
default to the greatest version the currently connected site supports, and
then present the highest version templates that this target version
supports.  User defined templates of acceptable version levels could be
displayed inline with the stock templates, or in a separate pane below them.

Jason