[mapguide-users] Maestro 3.0 test build #1

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Thu Oct 21 07:20:30 EDT 2010

I'm also finding the way that new resources are created a little hard to get
used to.

In the previous version of Maestro, you could right-click at a particular
level in the tree, choose New Item, and it would create the resource there
immediately.  With the preview version, it creates a new resource in the
editor but doesn't add it to the library (I assume it's either in memory or
saving to the session) and then when I go to save it I have to hunt my way
down the resource tree to the location I want to save it in.

I can understand not wanting to save the resource to the library until you
have at least a name for it, but having to drill down on save is pretty
frustrating on highly-nested resource trees.

Jason