[mapguide-users] Re: Overlay Vector over Raster problem

Steve G steve.golden at morganhill.ca.gov
Wed Apr 6 12:16:52 EDT 2011

ECWs seem to be working ok for me in the latest release of 2.2 (RC4).  I had
some problems with earlier release candidates.  Were you using these same
ECW and SHP files in 2.1?  Did you have any problems?  If you were using 2.1
and it was working fine, I suggest creating a package and loading into 2.2.
Another question is, do the layers appear correct when you view them
independently?

If the layers appear correct when viewing independently, but you have
problems overlaying them, it sounds like a projection/coordinate system
problem.  I would suggest using the stable release of Maestro 2.1.4 (you can
run along side Maestro 3.0) and make sure that you set your coordinate
systems exactly the same between all data sets and your map.  For each data
resource, go into the xml editor (the icon at the top of the screen) and
make sure that all of your coordinate systems match.  Also for the ECWs go
into "Edit Configuration Document" and make sure that the bounding boxes are
set properly.  For the map, edit the xml document and copy and paste that
same coordinate system you used for your data resources.

If you are having problems viewing the SHP file (disappearing line segments,
points, etc) the other known issue is the .idx part of the shapefile.  Just
delete that file (and only that file).