[mapguide-users] Re: GDAL Raster Image Catalogs. What are they?

Crispin_at_1Spatial crispin.hoult at 1spatial.com
Thu Apr 14 04:11:55 EDT 2011

Raster Image Catalog (RIC) is an old format (.RIC) that MG 6.5 used to index
images.

The XML config document in MGOS does the same thing, just a little more
verbosely - personally I'd prefer if the new format wasn't referred to as a
RIC but if it says that somewhere then it'll have to be!

It's still a list of bounding-box coordinates used to pre-filter which files
are needed by the GDAL raster provider - I'd hope it's turned into some
internal indexed structure by MG when it is actually used, especially for
thousands of records, but I haven't checked the code!