[mapguide-users] How to consume WFS services with MapGuide from
another MagGuide based WFS service
Bo Victor Thomsen
bvt at geograf.dk
Fri Apr 15 09:09:22 EDT 2011
To the list -
I've run into some problems using WFS with MapGuide:
I have two Mapguide servers:
* The first server has a data connection to a MapInfo tab file with
WFS enabled: one(1) projection defined, bounds defined in
projection coordinates; only US-ASCII characters used in
"Keywords" and "Abstracts"; the name of the data connection
contains no white space or non-US-ASCII characters.
* This MapGuide based WFS service have been tested using Gaia ver.
3.4.2 with success: Gaia shows the map objects; you can use the
information tool on the map objects and Gaia reports the correct
projection and map bounds.
* I've created a data connection on the the second server to the WFS
service on the first server.
- Pushing the "Test connection" button reports "Successful
Connection" (I'm using MapGuide Studio)
- Using the preview facility shows me a list of all the WFS
enabled data connections on the first server with data and
- But if I try to preview either the data or the features of a
connection I'll get an error:
"An exception occurred in FDO component. Schema can not be found
in the collection."
The "WFS client" MapGuide server error log shows the same message
including a trace-back.
The "WFS server" MapGuide server shows no errors in the error log.
* I've create a layer on the second server using the described, WFS
based, data connection.
- The "Feature class", "Geometry" and "Properties.. " fields in
the dialogue shows the expected information and behaves correctly.
- Preview function doesn't show any objects.
* Lastly, I created a map using the above mentioned layer and
getting the following result:
- the projection is found when I add the layer to the empty map.
The bounds is not found (defaults to -0.5,-0.5 .. 0.5,0.5). No
objects in preview. Same result if I set bounds values manually
MapGuide Enterprise 2010 og MapGuide Opensource 2.1
FDO ver. 3.4
I have 2 questions:
1. Is it at all possible to have a MapGuide based WFS client to
consume a WFS service from a MapGuide server ?
2. If the first answer is "Yes", have anyone an example for me to
Med venlig hilsen
Bo Victor Thomsen
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mapguide-users