[mapguide-users] Updating datasets in MGE. (sdf, or dwf)

frosty1_4me kbowman at cityofgp.com
Thu Aug 11 16:31:32 EDT 2011

Has anyone actually had success doing this on a live viewer?  What I mean is,
yesterday there was an attempt by one of our staff members to update a
dataset used in MGE.  The dataset was an SDF with no links to a db, but just
the data that is stored in the SDF.  After updating the file, there was a
bunch of errors in the MGE viewer.  (FDO specific blah, blah blah).

I went through the datasource in studio and the layers that was using the
dataset and it all looked fine.  There were no errors and the datasource I
could preview it in studio and see the data as well as the features.  The
only way I could get the errors to go away and see the updated datasource
properly was to restart the MGE service and IIS.

That doesn't do us any good since the datasets are updated at different
times and the live version is overwritten.

Thanks.