[mapguide-users] MgIndexOutOfRangeException while previewing data in MapGuide Maestro

kush.impetus kush.the.coder at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 18 08:51:39 EDT 2011

Hi

We are working on a GIS based project. The application is running fine on
one of my team-mate's laptop. Since I am new to the project, I was given the
database of the project exported as .SQL along with other required files.

On my machine and on my TL's machine, we imported the project using
*MapGuide Maestro v3.5.0.6071*. On both machines, when we click *Test
Connection* in /Feature Resource (using Generic Editor)/ section, the status
returned is *True*.

We *imported* the database into Oracle 11g XE using *Oracle SQL Developer
3.0.04*, where we can successfully query the database.

When we *Preview* the data in MapGuide Maestro, in the browser it displays
the error message:

*/"Failed to retrieve message for "MgIndexOutOfRangeException". The value is
invalid because it is too large." /*

What we don't understand is that during import no Out Of Range messages were
displayed (where they should have been), when while previewing only, it
shows the above message. Looking at the table structure and the data, we
can't find any problem.

Can there be a problem with *SDO_GEOMETRY* or in its range? We have not
specified any size during table creation for this field.

Thanks in advance

*KUMAR KUSH*

Software Engineer

EICE India Pvt. Ltd.