[mapguide-users] RE: Styling/AreaUsage Problem

Steve G steve.golden at morganhill.ca.gov
Thu Aug 25 15:26:19 EDT 2011

I'm assuming that this problem has not be fixed.  Below is my symbol
definition (using text to fill area) and attached is an image of the polygon
area that the text is supposed to fill (the polygon boundary is defined in a
separate layer file).  It looks like the repeating text fills a grid based
on the parameters, but does not clip to the boundary of the polygon area.  I
tried the same for <ClippingControl>'Inside'</ClippingControl> and got much
of the same fill display.  Can anyone firm this limitation in the clipping
control for text?  I will submit a ticket.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimpleSymbolDefinition
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="SymbolDefinition-1.1.0.xsd" version="1.1.0">
  <Name>TextSymbolTest</Name>
  <Description>A description for this symbol</Description>
  <Graphics>
    <Text>
      <Content>'USP'</Content>
      <FontName>Arial</FontName>
      <Height>3</Height>
      <PositionX>1</PositionX>
      <PositionY>1</PositionY>
      <LineSpacing>3</LineSpacing>
      <TextColor>ffbebebe</TextColor>
    </Text>
  </Graphics>
  <AreaUsage>
    <ClippingControl>'Clip'</ClippingControl>
    <RepeatX>8</RepeatX>
    <RepeatY>8</RepeatY>
    <BufferWidth>25</BufferWidth>
  </AreaUsage>