[mapguide-users] One final breaking API change for Maestro 4.0

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 05:37:52 EST 2011

Hi All,

It seems there's a few people on this list using the near-final Maestro 4.0
API. Given the huge volume of breaking API changes since 2.1, I might as
well inconvenience you lot with one more API change before the final 4.0
release :-)

All the RuntimeMapLayer constructors will no longer be public. I will add
equivalent CreateMapLayer() methods in the IMappingService interface as
replacements.

So instead of this:

{{{

RuntimeMap map;
ILayerDefinition srcLayer;
RuntimeMapLayer layer = new RuntimeMapLayer(map, srcLayer);

}}}

Do this instead:

{{{

RuntimeMap map;
ILayerDefinition srcLayer;
IMappingService mappingSvc;
RuntimeMapLayer layer = mappingSvc.CreateRuntimeMapLayer(map, srcLayer);

}}}

The purpose of this change is to facilitate post-4.0 API work in adding an
alternate implementation of RuntimeMap and RuntimeMapLayer classes that
directly wraps MgMap and MgLayer (from the official API) respectively.

- Jackie