[mapguide-users] Re: Mapagent FCGI Not Found

John Grego johng at vtnnv.com
Thu Dec 8 13:24:17 EST 2011

The application pool is tied to the built-in “ApplicationPoolIdentity”
account in IIS 7.5.  I’ve given file/folder access to the IUSR and IIS_IUSRS
accounts, as well as implicit permissions for the application pool identity
per instructions found at this link:
http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/624/application-pool-identities/

If I set the application pool “Enable 32-Bit Applications” setting to True,
I will get a 500 error and cannot open the Web Tier Tests index.html file.

It may be relevant that I did experience this same inexplicable behavior
when prompted to activate IMS after running successfully in trial mode for
30 days, but after the activation everything seemed to be resolved, until
the occurrence of the 404.17 error.  The product currently appears to be
licensed and activated properly.

I’ve uninstalled/re-installed IIS 7.5 and recreated my web server, as well
as manually configure the web server extensions for IIS 7.5.  Could it be
that I may have corrupted the Windows registry and IIS with my multiple
uninstall/re-install iterations?

-John Grego