[mapguide-users] Compile Error: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Oudemans, Sierk SOudemans at ruekert-mielke.com
Wed Dec 14 10:35:26 EST 2011

John,

Did you ever get this issue ([mapguide-users] Compile Error: An attempt
was made to load a program with an incorrect format.) resolved? I am
running into a similar situation and am having no luck getting answers.
I tried following Jackie NG's suggestions  which are for Maestro and
MapGuide OS where our situation involves MG Studio 2011 and MapGuide OS
2.2.  Though he claims that the setup should be very similar there are
big enough differences to make the setup difficult to execute.

(see
http://themapguyde.blogspot.com/2010/10/using-maestro-in-native-mode-wit
h.html)

PS, I ended up emailing you because the thread offered me no way to post
the question but did give me your email address.  If you like you can
post your answer together with the question so other people can benefit
from this as well.

Also, the error I get after following the suggestions is: "Could not
load file or assembly 'MapGuideDotNetApi-2.2' or one of its
dependencies" and I wasn't able to implement Jackie's final suggestion:
"Now edit your app.config/web.config to redirect the currently
referenced MapGuideDotNetApi.dll to our signed version" since I wasn't
able to find the illustrated entry to change in the web.config nor could
I find a close MG Studio version of the Maestro.exe.config file which is
what Jackie appears to be editing in that same example. (see link above,
bottom of page)

Thanks for your help

Sierk J. Oudemans, GISP
GIS Analyst