[mapguide-users] Is there a problem with Aliases on 2.2 RC3

Gary Morin gary.morin at keynetix.com
Thu Feb 17 07:15:30 EST 2011

Hi

I've been using MGE 2010  in VM on my demo machine for some time.

Instead of copying all my demo data into the VM, i use external managed
data and have created an Alias that points to map drive on my host
machine.  This works fine with MGE 2010 .

I have just installed MG2.2 RC3 onto a new VM and tried to configure it in
the same way, but both Maestro and Studio will not pick up the Alias.

Note: if I create a new Alias to a local directory within the VM it works
okay.

VM is Windows Server 2003, Host is Windows 7 64bit

Any suggestions? Should I be able to do this?

Thanks

Gary