[mapguide-users] Performance on prerendering tiles by use of MgCooker

Francesco Sozzi fsozzi at intercad.ch
Tue Jan 4 05:28:20 EST 2011

Hi List,

I have problems on generating  tiles on a project based on many shp files.

Themes are very simple and are not conditioned by scales.

The project should be zoomed from about 1:200 to 1:40000.

For tiles, I've configured four display scales (1000, 1200, 2900, 25000).

When I try to build tiles by use of MgCooker, it estimates 500 hours!

20 days to prepare a prerender is really too much, is it normal to take so
long?...

Do I try to build too much tiles scales for my zoomin range?...

Are there any documentation on the meaning of parameters of MgCooker (I
leave all defaults)?...

Best regards

Francesco