[mapguide-users] Re: selectionXML Problem

Greg gbneff at cid.utah.gov
Thu Jan 13 22:52:00 EST 2011

I was messing around with things and noticed that the XML passed to the
server is 8 characters long for the features that are returned correctly and
only 7 characters long for the ones that are not.  It looks like the plus
sign is the offending character.  I look at the encoded xml on the client
side and it looks something like this : +goAAA== and on there server side
after decode it have: goAAA==.  I have looked at several and the all the
offending ones I have found start with +.  There is probably of a better way
to send the xml to the server but this is how I am doing it:

client side:    var selectionXML =
encodeURI(viewerFrame.GetMapFrame().GetSelectionXML());

server side:   String selectionXML =
Server.UrlDecode(Request.Form.Get("sel"));