[mapguide-users] MGE performance. It's soooooo Slllllllooooooowwww

Warren Medernach wmedernach at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 15:03:53 EST 2011

Something else I've found is that you just cannot show as much data in the
initial view in MGE like you could in MG6.x.  I've seen many MG6.x sites
that had dozens of layers turned on in the initial view that just made no
sense to be on at that view scale.  But... the old technology handled it
fine, so people expect the new technology to behave exactly like the old
one.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, you need to be much more 'prudent' with
your display ranges, and what layers really need to be turned on, in MGE to
get decent performance.

Warren