[mapguide-users] Issue with Fusion Search Widget

Bill TenBroeck billtenbroeck at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 08:10:53 EST 2011

I'm trying to use the Search widget for the first time, and I'm getting
an error. The message is: "An exception occurred in FDO component. Class
'GA_Counties' is not found.

Although a datasource and layer containing that field exists in the map,
it's NOT the one I'm attempting to search on. The databases are SQLite;
on for Water and one for boundaries. There are Data Connections to each.
The layer I am trying to search on is Valves, the attribute Valve_ID;
the error is propagating from the layer 'GA_Counties'.

The widget is setup in my ApplicationDefinition as such:

<Widget xsi:type="UiWidgetType">
<Name>Search</Name>
<Type>Search</Type>
<StatusItem>Search for stuff</StatusItem>
<Extension xsi:type="CustomContentType">
<Target></Target>
<Layer>Valves</Layer>
<Filter>VALVE_ID LIKE \'%25$USER_VARIABLE%25\'</Filter>
<Popup>true</Popup>
<Prompt>Enter VALVE_ID</Prompt>
<Title>Search Page</Title>
</Extension>
<ImageUrl>images/icons.png</ImageUrl>
<ImageClass>search</ImageClass>
<Tooltip>Search</Tooltip>
<Label/>
<Disabled/>
</Widget>

I'm getting a new window to search in, Label, and Title appear correctly.

Can anyone shed any light on why it's concerning itself with a different
dataset in a different layer? BTW, in case it matters, the Valves layer
is in a Group, "Water".

Thanks