[mapguide-users] Symbol Definition usage in Watermarks

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 08:37:47 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I've started work in getting a basic watermark editor for Maestro and have
some questions relating to the xml schema for the Watermark Definition

As per the xsd, the Watermark Definition contains a content element which is
a Symbol Definition. The schema allows for simple or compound definitions.
The Symbol Definition schema is a complex beast and I'm wondering how much
of this is actually used in a Watermark context.

My questions are:

1. Will the Watermark Content ever be a compound symbol definition, or only
(as I am assuming right now) simple ones?
2. Does MapGuide utilise the full feature set of the Symbol Definition
inside a Watermark (ie. Symbol parameters, usage contexts, etc), or only the
graphic elements defined?
3. Does MapGuide assume only *one* graphic element (text or image) in the
Symbol Definition when rendering Watermarks?

This way I can gauge how simple or complex this editor will be, and how much
implementation effort is involved.

- Jackie