[mapguide-users] Measure Tool after updating to fusion 2.2

frosty1_4me kbowman at cityofgp.com
Tue Jul 12 11:52:48 EDT 2011

Hi,

I updated recently to fusion 2.2 and the measure tool is now useable in that
version.  Previously it would give some very obscure measurements and areas
due to the coordinate system I was using but it now seems to be fixed at
least in regard to the correct distances and area calculations but not the
display.

The issue I'm seeing now is that the precision that is set on distance
affects the entire number string whereas the precision set on area only
affects the display in the task pane.

For example, if I set the precision of the distance measurement to 3, it
will allow a number with 3 characters (decimal included) and once my
distance gets above that precision it goes into scientific notation.
(2.44e+3 m).  I can crank up the precision for the distance to say 5 and it
will give me a number like 244.00m and as the measurement gets larger, it
removes the decimals.  2445.0m, 24458m and beyond that goes into scientific
notation.

Area however works a little different.  If I set the precision to 3 on area,
the result on screen is that there are no decimals at all and the number
(area size) is not limited and can get to be a very large number without
ever changing to scientific notation.  (eg.  12345678m)  However, the
display in the task pane is limited to a precision of 3 and is converted to
scientific notation.

So there are some mixed display results based on the precision.