[mapguide-users] Re: mapguide 2.2 and postgres + postgis releases

Steve G steve.golden at morganhill.ca.gov
Thu Jul 14 13:07:47 EDT 2011

I have been playing around with postgres/postgis with MGOS 2.2 (installed on
the same XP machine) and it seems to be working pretty well as long as you
use the OSGeo PostgreSQL provider.
http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FdoPostgreSQLNotes#FDOPostgreSQLProviderNotes
The FDO PostgreSQL Provider Notes  webpage does say "The provider is known
to work with: PostgreSQL Server 8.3 to 8.4, PostGIS 1.3 to 1.5."
Interestingly I had downloaded postgres 9.0/postgis 1.5 not thinking about
FDO limitations in what version I would be using, however, seems to be
working OK so far.  However, I have been doing some pretty simple things
with it, so not sure if I might hit a snag somewhere.  But to be safe, I
would probably go with the versions that are known to be supported with FDO
3.5.

-Steve