[mapguide-users] Re: Maestro API - InitialView of WebLayout is null ?!

Crispin_at_Linknode crispin.hoult at linknode.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 04:06:24 EDT 2011

Thanks,

In your example below, deserialising the XML, I understand.

But I was trying to create the IWebLayout object from a resource ID

  String mdfId = "Library:// ... etc ... My.WebLayout";

  IWebLayout wl = ObjectFactory.CreateWebLayout(conn, mdfId);

Are you saying that I have to get the XML from the resource in order to
deserialise it?
I thought that was what the object factories were doing internally and that
it should recognise the initial view and populate that element - too
optimistic?

Though my WebLayout is a 1.1 I used some of the ExtendedObjectModels code
from your web samples Global.asax.cs to get a working project.  If you're
still unsure of the problem I'll post a project when I get back via the
office.