[mapguide-users] Re: Maestro API - InitialView of WebLayout is null ?!

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 04:41:09 EDT 2011

I assumed mdfId was shorthand for Map Definition id, thus my example show
creating a Web Layout from scratch with an existing Map Definition resource
id.

In that case, what you want to do would be something like this:

IWebLayout wl = (IWebLayout)conn.ResourceService.GetResource(mdfId);
//Fetches the XML content and deserializes it into object form.
txtStats.Text += "\nMap: " + wl.Map.ResourceId;                       // OK
txtStats.Text += "\nScale: " + wl.Map.InitialView.Scale;              //
Also OK

- Jackie