[mapguide-users] Map fails to load

frosty1_4me kbowman at cityofgp.com
Wed Jun 1 11:51:36 EDT 2011

Hi,

I've been dealing with this issue for a while now.  Our MGE application for
no apparent reason will sometimes fail to load.  The application doesn't
fail or timeout, MGE just doesn't do anything but sits in loading status.

I've tried restarting the service, restarting IIS, and restarting the server
when that happens.   Obviously those things are a pratical solution to the
reoccuring problem.  A lot of times if it just sits and "spins" opening MGE
studio and accessing the map (not doing anything, just opening it) or
refreshing the browser a bunch of times will get it finally going.

There must be a reason for this but I don't know what's causing it.  This is
a big issue since our clients will be experiencing this same and will think
the map doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

-  MGE 2012
-  windows 2008, 64bit server